microneedling | nanoinfusion pre care
- Avoid sun exposure, waxing, depilatory creams, electrolysis or any other exfoliating facial treatments for 7 days prior to treatment.
- Must not have an active herpes simplex breakout or any other infections or open wounds on the area to be treated.
- Must not have had any ablative laser treatments within the past 7-10 days from treatment date.
- Notify your Esthetician if you have taken Accutane within the last 12 months, as it may affect your treatment.
- Avoid IPL/Laser procedures, unprotected sun exposure, or sunburn for at least 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
microneedling | nanoinfusion post care
After your microneedling treatment you may experience that your skin may feel a bit tight, and or look to be flushed or bright red. It may have the feeling of a mild sunburn. The redness may take a few days (1-3) to subside. Other side effects, like swelling, peeling, bumps, breakouts, and dry skin, are also within the scope of what you may experience after microneedling, but not this is not the case with every individual.
Recommended care post microneedling:
- Hyaluronic acid serum is a humectant that draws hydration from the surrounding environment into the skin. A sample will be supplied for post care. Please use as often as you like.
- Use plenty of Sunscreen every time you go outside
- Make sure to cleanse your hands before touching your face. Furthermore, make sure you change your pillowcase and facial towels.
- Ice and fresh aloe vera may be used to calm the skin
Things to avoid post microneedling:
- Stay out of the sun!
- No makeup for at least 24hrs post microneedling
- Avoid vigorous activities that will induce sweating such as swimming pools, saunas, and working out (after 3 days you may resume)
- Avoid use of retinols and vitamin c for 48hrs , slowly and gradually introduce them back into the skin
- Avoid all chemical ingredients meant to exfoliate the skin (ask your technician to review your products)