post facial care tips:
- Avoid touching or picking at your skin
- Skip the heavy makeup (especially oil/cream/liquid based makeup)
- Say no to the sauna (sweat may draw bacteria to the surface of your fresh skin)
- Hold off on your workout for 24 hours (sweat may draw bacteria to the surface of your fresh skin)
- Follow your Estheticians advice
pre & post chemical peel tips:
IT IS CRUCIAL TO THE HEALTH OF YOUR SKIN AND THE SUCCESS OF YOUR PEEL THAT THESE GUIDELINES BE FOLLOWED FOR THE NEXT 5-7 DAYS:
1) Do not do anything that will cause your body to become heated or to perspire. This may lead to inflammation and/or breakout (Exercise, sauna, hot tubs, etc.)
2) Always use warm water on your face and do not scrub. Avoid chlorine (no swimming).
3) You may or may not experience some visual flaking or shedding of the skin approximately 2-4 days post peel. The amount of visual flaking is not indicative of your end results. If heavier shedding is present, do not under any circumstances, pick or manually peel the skin.
4) You must take precautions to avoid sun exposure in order to protect your skin as well as to get the full benefit of the peel. Peels increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Exposure to UV rays can cause hyper-pigmentation, freckling and sun damage. We recommend that you stay indoors as much as possible and a use SPF 30+ daily.
5) We suggest if you choose to apply makeup after your peel you use mineralized powder-based products (not cream/oil based because these tend to settle into the pore. The ingredients in this foundation are safe post peel and encourage healing with the benefits of additional sun protection.
6) Do not use any glycolic, retinol, or Retinol-A for 5-7 days or until your skin is back to normal. This is the reason you are supplied the POST TREATMENT KIT providing the proper at home care post peel. You can resume your regular at home regimen after the 5-7 days. This time may vary depending on the peel performed and each individual’s healing process.
7) For men, do not shave for at least 48 hours after peel.
TO AVOID INJURY TO THE SKIN, FOR THE 10 DAYS FOLLOWING THE PEEL, PLEASE DO NOT:
• peel, pick, scrape or abrade the skin
|SLIGHT REDNESS OR SWELLING MIGHT OCCUR IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE PEEL. THIS USUALLY GOES AWAY WITHIN 24 HOURS. SOME CLIENTS EXPERIENCE TEMPORARY SKIN DISCOLORATION. YOU MAY HAVE AN AREA OF SCABBING OR CRUSTING IN CASES OF SEVERE SENSITIVITY, THIS IS VERY RARE. IF IT IS BOTHERSOME YOU MAY APPLY AQUAFOR (FOUND AT YOUR LOCAL DRUGSTORE) TO THE AFFECTED AREA.|
For best results, a series of 6-8 peels at 2-4 week intervals is suggested. Using the correct at home care regimen to keep the results and corrections on going is also suggested. Your esthetician will help you decide which program works best for you, as they vary based on skin conditions.
|ONE WEEK BEFORE THE PEEL||1a) Discontinue any topical retinoid/Vitamin A prescriptions |
1b) Two weeks prior to the peel use the recommended peel prep – Skin Script Glycolic Retinol Pads and Glymed Plus Derma Pigment Skin Brightener as outlined by your Esthetician
2) Avoid waxing, electrolysis, depilatory creams, and laser hair removal treatments
3) Avoid sun exposure (indoor and outdoor)
4) Do not receive Botox or dermal fillers
5) Do not have another treatment unless recommended
|THE DAY OF YOUR PEEL|
1) Discontinue all use of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), beta hydroxy acid (BHA) and benzoyl peroxide
2) Stop any exfoliating products that may be drying or irritating
|IMMEDIATELY POST PEEL||After receiving your peel do not use any skincare products that have not been approved by your licensed esthetician or physician. You may start your POST TREATMENT KIT the next morning or as recommended by your practitioner.|
|DAYS 1-7 AFTER YOUR PEEL|
1) Cleanse your face using warm water
3) Protect skin with broadspectrum spf 30+
1) Cleanse your face with, using warm water
2) Treat the skin with a serum
3) Seal in the serum with a moisturizer